Animator + CG Generalist
email@example.com | Los Angeles, CA
3D Animator (Full-time) - Jam City. Culver City, CA (May 2018 - Present)
• Key character animation for idles, boosters, and interact feature.
• Camera layout and animation for cinematic and scripted cutscenes built in Unity.
• Storyboarded animatic for game intro sequence.
• Game animation, marketing assets, and cutscenes for Safari Smash, Wild Things: Animal Adventure, Vineyard Valley, and Disney Frozen Adventures II.
Associate 3D Artist (Contract) - Jam City. Culver City, CA (Jan 2018 - May 2018)
• Modeling, texturing, and animating game environments and props for implementation in Unity.
• Translating flat cartoony art style into 3D.
Digital Artist (Contract) - Hasbro. Pawtucket, RI (July 2016 - July 2017)
• Maya 3D Artist for Hasbro's in-house production team Cake Mix Studio, working on global brands such as My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, Transformers, Mr. Potato Head, and Monopoly.
• Art Lead on My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Minis original shorts, from storyboard to finished animation.
• Created looping character animations to be implemented in Unreal AR.
• Streamlined production-ready character models and rigs, working closely with the product design team to translate the look and appeal into 3D.
Student Filmmaker - Ringling College of Art + Design, Sarasota FL (Aug 2014 - May 2016)
• Animated biped and quadruped characters in complex shots focusing on acting, layout, and mechanics.
• Designed, modeled, and textured characters, assets, and city environment using Maya and ZBrush.
• Lit and composited majority of interior and exterior scenes using Renderman RIS and Nuke.
Figure Drawing Tutor - Ringling College of Art + Design, Sarasota FL (Aug 2014 - Nov 2015)
• Supervised 15-25 students with figure drawing in weekly tutoring sessions.
Network Intern - Frederator Inc, Burbank CA (Summer 2015)
• Researched and wrote material for online content.
Character Animation II - Gnomon, Winter 2020.
Cinematic Storyboarding - Concept Design Academy, Fall 2017.
Action Adventure Storyboarding - Steve Ahn Workshop, Fall 2017.
Ringling College of Art + Design - Sarasota, FL.
BFA: Computer Animation, May 2016.
• Selected participant in Moonbot Pitch Workshop
Animation, Storyboarding, Animatics, Editing, 3D Generalist, Digital Artwork, Storytelling, Narrative
Autodesk Maya, Unity, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate, Nuke, Renderman, VRay, Microsoft Office Suite, Shotgun, Perforce
Enjoys hiking, biking, cat training (unsuccessful,) game jams, and happy hour with the team.
Maintains a sketch Instagram @JackyDraws